Application Deadline: September 30, 2020
Delta Dental of New Jersey, Inc. (DDNJ) and Delta Dental of Connecticut, Inc. (DDCT) are committed to supporting our dentist partners during the COVID-19 health crisis.
Our Dentist Support Program
: Information on our Support for PPE Supplies program is below. A requirement of the DDNJ and DDCT Dentist Support Program is that dentists must be enrolled in EFT (direct deposit). The Advance Payment Program is closed as of May 15.
Support for PPE Supplies
The PPE Support Program is closed as of September 30, 2020.
The Dentist Support PPE Program will help participating dentists cover the increased costs related to purchasing N95 masks, sterilization procedures and equipment, and other sanitary requirements resulting from the COVID-19 crisis. This program will begin once dental practices are permitted to provide routine and preventive dental care.
- DDNJ or DDCT will pay participating dental practices in New Jersey or Connecticut $10 per patient visit for patients that are DDNJ or DDCT covered members only
- Must enroll in EFT (direct deposit) Enroll in EFT
- No enrollment with Delta Dental outside of EFT is necessary to receive these payments
- All locations under a TIN must be enrolled in EFT
- Payments will only be issued via EFT to the dental practice owner
- No repayment is required for this program
- Once the program starts, it will continue for two months
- Claims must be received within 30 days of the date of service in order for DDNJ/DDCT to calculate payments
- Payments will be issued monthly as a bulk payment that provides the total number of DDNJ or DDCT patient visits
- More information regarding this program and its requirements will be posted here once this program starts
The Advance Payment Program (APP)
From April 30 through May 15, 2020 (11:59 PM)
, dentists were able to apply online to receive a no-interest advance on their 2020 claims. To be eligible for the APP, dentists must have been:
Please be sure to have a copy of your voided check or bank letter available. Your EFT enrollment will not be complete unless one of those items is uploaded during the enrollment process.
- The Dental Practice Owner
- Licensed, in good standing*, and practicing in New Jersey or Connecticut
- Participating with Delta Dental of New Jersey or Delta Dental of Connecticut and must have also participated in 2019 with a minimum monthly average of $2,000 in paid claims in 2019 (from DDNJ or DDCT)
- Enrolled in EFT (direct deposit) Enroll in EFT
If your application is approved, we’ll provide an agreement for your digital signature. To move forward with the APP, you must return a signed agreement to Delta Dental of New Jersey. This program requires the practice owner’s signature to proceed. Payment will be issued directly to the business name of the practice.
Information on your payment is as follows:
APP Calculation Example: A dental office’s average DDNJ or DDCT payments per month was $10,000 in 2019. DDNJ or DDCT would provide an advance to the dental office in the amount of $5,000 to assist due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- The advance payment will be based on DDNJ/DDCT participating dentists’ average monthly 2019 payments from Delta Dental of New Jersey or Delta Dental of Connecticut
- The advance payment calculation will be 50% of the average monthly payment in 2019
- The minimum advance payment is $1,000, and the maximum is $25,000 per Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Payment is based on an individual TIN and is limited to one payment per TIN
- All locations under a TIN must be enrolled in EFT for a business to be considered eligible
- Payment will only be issued via EFT
- We recommend you contact your tax advisor for any tax advice you may need on this advance payment
- Upon receipt and approval of your fully executed application and agreement, payment will be issued within approximately 10 days
Beginning in August of this year, we will start the repayment process:
These dates are subject to change and dependent on when New Jersey and Connecticut lift emergency care restrictions, and dental professionals are once again permitted to provide routine and preventive dental care.
- Recovery of advance payments should be completed by November 30, 2020
- We will not reduce future claims payments by more than 50% as part of the repayment process
If you are eligible to apply, here’s the information you will need when completing our application for the APP Program:
- First Name
- Last Name
- License State
- License Number (numeric only)
- Practice Name
- TIN (numeric only)
- Best email and phone number to contact you during this time
Questions? Please email
*Participating Providers whom DDNJ has notified are in violation of our Rules and Regulations, have not complied with audit requests, have a repayment obligation to DDNJ or whom DDNJ has referred to a state regulatory agency due to evidence of fraud within the past three years are not eligible for payments under the Advance Payment Program.